Vieux Carré Mocktail Kit
Vieux Carré Mocktail Kit
Introducing the Non-Alcoholic Vieux Carré, a tribute to the timeless cocktail with a twist. This famous cocktail originated with a bartender at the Carousel Bar in Hotel Monteleone, New Orleans. Vieux Carré is French for "old square”, in reference to the city's French Quarter neighborhood. The drink is classified as one of the Unforgettables by the IBA.
Crafted with the exquisite Ritual Whiskey Alternative, complemented by a harmonious blend of All The Bitters Orange, All The Bitters New Orleans, and All The Bitters Aromatic, this mocktail transports you to the heart of New Orleans. Elevate the experience with simple pantry ingredients like white wine vinegar. Add depth and flavor by making a simple gourmet syrup with honey, tea and thyme, which pays homage to the original making this non-alcoholic version a truly captivating and sophisticated choice.
We're telling ya, this cocktail is really, really good.
- Award Winning - Ritual Non Alcoholic Whiskey Alternative 750 mL / 25.4 fl oz- 5 calories - The oak, smoke, caramel and comforting warmth of whiskey, without the alcohol or calories. Overtones of vanilla and oak, with notes of stone fruit and caramel, finishing with a pleasant heat.
- Multi-Award Winning - All The Bitters Orange 4 oz - Crafted with three varieties of orange peel plus cardamom, coriander, and lemon balm for a profile that's as much warm and herbal as it is zesty.
- International Award Winning - All The Bitters New Orleans 4 oz - Inspired by 19th-century apothecary Antoine Peychaud, ATB’s New Orleans bitters are a celebration of NOLA and American cocktail culture. With bright flavors of anise, tart cherry, hibiscus, and rosehips, these bitters will liven up your drink. Packed with organic, functional botanicals like milk thistle seed, dandelion root, and Schisandra berry, known ingredients to support digestion, liver health, and your taste buds.
- Multi-Award Winning - All The Bitters Aromatic 4 oz - Bold and spicy, the Aromatic bitters is loaded with cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove. Deep, earthy flavors are lifted by ginger and a backbone of bitter gentian.
Non Alcoholic Vieux Carré
- 1 ounce Ritual Whiskey Alternative
- ¾ ounce non-alcoholic sweet vermouth
- ¾ ounce white verjus (or ½ ounce white wine vinegar)
- ½ ounce honey-tea-thyme syrup (see recipe below)
- 1 barspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 full droppers All The Bitter Orange Bitters
- 3 full droppers All The Bitter Aromatic Bitters
- 4 full droppers All The Bitter New Orleans Bitters
For the Honey-Tea-Thyme Syrup:
- Brew a cup of black tea, such as Earl Grey, using only 4 ounces of water and let it steep 7-8 minutes
- Once ready combine 4 ounces of tea, 4 ounces of honey, and a good handful of thyme (about 10 sprigs) in a small saucepan
- Barely bring it to a simmer and then immediately remove from heat, allowing it to sit and infuse for about 15 minutes
- Strain, cool, and bottle. Syrup will last at least a month in the fridge
For the Vieux Carré:
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass with ice and stir for 30 seconds
- Strain into a chilled coupe or Nick and Nora glass
- Garnish with a lemon peel and maraschino cherry